Detected QR Code:
Device has flash:
Last detected at:
Scan from File:None
Scan QR code on Laptop
Scanning a QR code is a quick and effective way of accessing a webpage. Brands often make use of these codes on their product packaging or promotional material to enable consumers to access product details or special offers.
QR codes rely on software. It's pretty easy to scan a QR code on smartphones or tablets. It's not necessary you will always have a smartphone with you to scan a QR code or there may be some issues in scanning a QR code from a mobile phone. In that case, you can scan QR codes and find the URL with your PC or Laptop.
In this blog, we will talk about how to scan a QR code on a laptop. We will discuss scanning QR code on Windows and Mac.
Method for scanning QR code on Windows
- Click on the Windows logo i.e. Start option in the bottom-left corner of the screen.
- Type "Store" into Start and you search for the Windows Store app will appear which is built into all Windows 10 computers.
- Click on Microsoft Store. It will be displayed at the top of the Start window. The Store window will open.
- Click on the search bar atthe top-right side of the Store window.
- Type QR code bar scanner in the search bar and a list of QR code scanners will appear in a drop-down menu.
- Click on QR Code Bar Scanner App at the top option in the drop-down menu. The app page will be displayed on the screen.
- To download the app click on the blue button on the left side of the window viz. Get.
- Again, click on start, type in QR code, click Qr Code Bar Scanner and click Close dialog when prompted.
- Point your laptop's webcam at a QR code. The QR code should be placed in the middle of the screen.
- Wait a moment to scan the QR code. After the QR code is scanned into the app, the pop-up window will appear with the QR code's content listed in the middle of it.
For instance, if the QR code has a link to a website, that link will appear in the pop-up window.
Method for scanning QR code on Mac
- Open a web browser- In Mac, there isn't a built-in system to scan a QR code nor is there an app available to do so. To scan a QR code, you need to use an online QR code scanner.
- Open the Web QR website- Go to https://qrcodescannerpro.com/. This website makes use of your Mac's built-in webcam to scan a QR code. On some browsers (e.g., Google Chrome), you will have to permit access to your webcam by clicking "Allow" which will allow the website to use your camera.
- Point your QR code to Mac's camera. After that, the code will be displayed in the scan window that's in the centre of the page. Also, a QR code from your computer can be uploaded by clicking the camera icon above the top-right corner of the scan window, clicking Choose File, clicking the QR code image, and clicking Open.
- Place all four edges and corners of the QR code in the centre inside the scan window.
- Wait a moment for the code to scan. Once the QR code is focused by the Mac camera, the code content will be displayed in the box at the bottom of the page. Then you can click the content to open.